Pastoral Care as we ride the waves of a Pandemic
The Presbytery of Port Phillip West is pleased to offer training in how to deal pastorally with our current “Covid/Semi Post-Covid/Back into Lockdown” on-going experiences. How and why do people drop out of church and activities?
What practical things can we do to help people as they consider returning to church?
We are running two three-hour seminars:
Pastoral Care as we ride the waves of a Pandemic – Part 1 and Part 2 –
These seminars will contain the following material and is based on the study and training developed by Rev Dr John Savage, a United Methodist Minister from the USA.
Part 1 Seminar:
- Identifying inclusion and exclusion experiences
- Understanding the track that leads to on-going attendance or no further attendance (relevant to church and any other group life)
- Identifying the implications for our own setting
- Coming back after Covid
- How to care for people who have stopped attending
Part 2 Seminar:
- Enabling tracks to return to church/group life.
- Entry/Re-entry process and the readiness grid
- Visiting inactive members and closure in a visit
- What keeps active members active?
- “Why are you still a Christian?” a module from Makes you Wonder.
There will be two time slots for each seminar to cater for as many people as possible.
Pastoral Care as we ride the waves of a Pandemic – Part 1.
Aug 12, Thursday 6.00 pm – 9.00 pm Zoom only
Aug 20, Friday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm Zoom or in person at Hoppers Crossing UC.
Pastoral Care as we ride the waves of a Pandemic – Part 2.
Aug 26, Thursday 6.00 pm – 9.00 pm Zoom only
Sept 3, Friday 9.30 am – 12.30 pm Zoom or in person at Hoppers Crossing UC.
This training is offered free as a gift from the Presbytery of Port Phillip West.
It is open and would be of benefit to ministers, pastors, chaplains, people involved in pastoral care, welcomers and church councillors.
You need to register through the following link https://www.trybooking.com/BSEGF
Pastoral Care Seminars
We have had over 200 people attend our previous pastoral care seminars with very positive feedback. The interactive nature and the ability to become more aware of how and why we listen have been common threads from the participants.
We are repeating our initial Pastoral Care Seminar 1 on the following dates and you can register here for this seminar https://www.trybooking.com/BRJHY
- July 16 Friday 9.30 – 12.30pm Zoom and in person at Hoppers Crossing
- July 21 Wednesday 6.00pm – 9.00pm Zoom only
- Sept 14 Tuesday 6.00pm – 9.00pm Zoom only
This seminar teaches you about active listening, communication, and the specific listening skills of paraphrase and perception checks. This session is a pre-requisite for other sessions of the Pastoral Care Seminars being run later in the year.
Seminar 7 “Dealing with Criticism, fogging and listening conversation”
September 16 or Sept 24
Seminar 8 “Neuro Linguistic Programming and listening conversations”
Oct 7 or Oct 22
You can register for these seminars here https://www.trybooking.com/BSFZS
Jeanne and Narelle
Presbytery of Port Phillip West