Here’s the latest from Dale Harrington at Uniting:
I am pleased to send you the 2022/2023 Summer edition of Congregation Connect.
In this edition, you and members of your congregation can read about:
- The impact of our Food For Families program
- Findings from Uniting’s recent report on the rising costs of living
- How to get involved in our Coffee Cup Challenge.
Meanwhile, Pancake Day – or Shrove Tuesday – is just around the corner on 21 February 2023.
This is traditionally the last day to eat all the ‘luxury’ foods in our pantries before Lent. These include flour, eggs and dairy products, which just so happen to be the key ingredients of delicious pancakes!
Many congregations are already starting to think about Pancake Day 2023.
So, I would like to invite your congregation and its members to participate. Any funds raised from any events you hold go towards programs or services that support people when they need it most.
There are three ways you can register:
- Complete the online registration form here
- Complete and return the attached registration form by return email or post
- Call us on1800 668 426to register by phone.
And of course, please pass this on to the person in charge of Pancake Day or your Church Council to arrange registration if it is not you.
If you need to update your contact details or wish to amend the number of copies you receive in the future to better suit the needs of your congregation, please get in touch.
Yours sincerely and warm wishes for Christmas,
Uniting Congregation Connect – Summer 2022